Cultural Arts Creatives Inc. (The Creatives)
AUDIO TECHNICIAN (Part-Time)
Reports To: General Manager
Employment Status: Part-time
Hourly Rate: $12 – $15 depending on experience
• Familiar with the setup of a variety of audio, backline and staging equipment from a stage plot, input list and/or other written and/or verbal instructions. Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues. Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Be able to identify common types of audio and electrical cable connectors and accessories.
• Systems Knowledge: Be proficient and have the knowledge on the specific audio consoles and equipment present at the Pompano Beach Cultural Center (Yamaha CL-3), experience as an audio board operator for live theatrical performances and as a crew lead. Previous sound design experience is a plus.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately. Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment. Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques. Works with clients to finalize invoices. Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
• Be able to follow verbal and written show cues and execute cues with very little or no rehearsal time.
• Possess infinite patience, professionalism and thick skin.
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience
• 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment
• A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• must be able to climb stairs and ladders and lift and carry a minimum of 50Lbs.
• may be required to work at heights up to 30’ at times from either a ladder, personnel or scissor lift.
Technicians will be in contact with high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Technicians may work in multiple organization’s locations. Working times include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines (hair length, facial hair, and attire) as determined by the General Manager, depending on the venue and event
A fear of heights may prevent applicants from performing the required duties and may result in disqualification. Previous experience as an audio technician in a paid professional setting is a must.
To apply, please submit the following components to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Subject Line: Audio Technician
• CV or Resume
• Cover Letter