Cultural Arts Creatives Inc. (The Creatives)
Marketing Manager (Regular/Full-time)
Reports To: President & CEO
Employment Status: Regular/Full-time
About The Creatives
The visionary staff of Cultural Arts Creatives, Inc. or The Creatives, program and manage cultural venues throughout Pompano Beach including The Pompano Beach Amphitheater (The Amp), Magnetic Pompano at Citi Centre, and the newly opened Cultural Center. The team has also launched other acclaimed South Florida venues including Arts Garage and Bailey Contemporary Arts.
The Creatives’ focus is on supporting regional artists and organizations, building the foundation for the emerging talent and enhancing the exploding arts landscape of Pompano Beach. Our mission is to champion and advance Pompano Beach as The City of Arts and Innovation in the broadest creative, economic and social context possible; to attract and retain the best regional talent and to showcase South Florida as the national gemstone of arts and culture.
As a key member of the creative team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and oversight of all marketing activities for the Creatives, including newly opened Pompano Beach Cultural Center, Pompano Beach Amphitheater, and Magnetic Pompano (pop-up spaces) including advertising, promotions, social media, and audience development efforts. The Marketing Manager will conceive of and implement innovative marketing and communications strategies that attract and retain a diverse audience for venues managed by The Creatives. The Marketing Manager will integrate digital and traditional platforms to approach cultural marketing in a dynamic, thoughtful, and creative manner.
• Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., with occasional weekends and evenings required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Implement organization’s vision and strategic framework for institutional marketing, advertising, and social media to ensure messaging and brand consistency.
• Identify and target key audiences to build awareness, engagement, affiliation and loyalty.
• Provide regular reports and overviews to The Creatives leadership about all marketing initiatives.
• Oversee and build promotional partnerships that support citywide promotion and tourism efforts.
• Oversee social media and e-mail communications to maximize awareness of the cultural activities of the organization and its public programs, performances, exhibitions and events.
• Establish marketing metrics and key performance indicators for marketing and social media campaigns.
• Analyze performance metrics and provide course correction, if needed, to optimize messaging and improve campaign effectiveness.
• Manage marketing agency media buys to ensure marketing campaign recommendations align with The Creatives’ goals and priorities.
• Establish methodologies to assess the success of marketing efforts across all marketing mediums; conduct regular audits of marketing efforts (social media, media buys, special marketing campaigns, etc.) and ensure that marketing expenditures stay on budget and are aligned with The Creatives’ priorities.
• Collaborate with The Creatives’ staff to identify promotional needs; develop messaging strategy and write copy for The Creatives’ collateral (advertising, brochures, etc.) and e-communications (ad banners, e-fliers, etc.).
• Develop messaging and trafficking documents that provide overall direction, advertising copy, specifications, and deadlines.
• Work with colleagues to gain necessary institutional reviews and approvals
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or other relevant field preferred.
• At least five years of experience in marketing, communications, or advertising preferably in a cultural or entertainment venue.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap Chat, Pinterest, and YouTube).
• Proven knowledge in advertising and messaging development, brand positioning, media planning, and copy writing.
• Knowledge of HTML and HTML5, a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Successful candidate must be able to think outside the box, able to work well as a part of a team, build strong partnerships with community leaders and partners.
• Results-proven track record of developing and implementing successful marketing strategies.
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and listening skills, and the ability to communicate persuasively about cultural programs and organization’s mission.
• Capable of handling a complex portfolio of responsibilities and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• High level of self-direction, self-motivation, and ability to set priorities and solve practical problems with minimal supervision.
• Technologically proficient and forward-thinking.
• Knowledge of HTML and HTML5, a plus.
To apply, please submit the following components to email@example.com:
• Subject Line: Marketing Manager
• CV or Resume
• Cover Letter
• Samples of work encouraged