- Lessee is required to use venue stagehands for all events unless prior arrangements have been made with the PBCC Director or their representative.
- Lobby typically opens 1-hour prior to curtain with house opening 30 minutes prior to curtain.
- All scenery drops and fabric must be flame proofed. Random testing of articles will occur.
- All wood must be flame proofed (fire-treated) or painted. No raw wood is allowed.
- All doors in the facility are fire rated and must not be obstructed in any way to prevent their closure.
- Technical Director retains the right to refuse any equipment, rigging, scenery, electric, audio, or miscellaneous, that may potentially impair the safety of the building, crew, performers, or audience.
There is no storage available on site. Lessee’s property MUST be removed from venue immediately after final performance. Property not removed will be subject to disposal – possible at an additional expense.
Labor Policies / Minimum Requirements:
Lessee is required to use venue stagehands for all events unless prior arrangements have been made with the PBCC Director or Technical Director.
Pompano Beach Cultural Center systems and equipment are to be operated, repaired, or maintained only by competent, qualified* persons who are approved by the Pompano Beach Cultural Center Director, Technical Director or the Technical Director’s designated representative.
*A qualified person is defined as:
- A person who demonstrates training, experience and skill in a particular technical area or areas. (Electrician, Audio Engineer, Rigger, etc.) Additionally, such persons will have trained on and be familiar with the operation manuals, guidelines, safe and proper operating practices, and when applicable, emergency procedures related to the Pompano Beach Cultural Center theatrical systems and equipment.
- One who is capable of identifying existing or predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions that are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective action to eliminate these hazards.
- In the case of volunteer techs, one who has an authorization of training form on file with the PBCC Technical Director.
Minimum Staff Requirements
Minimum crew staffing levels are determined solely by the number of technicians required to provide a safe and professional production, however, the client may have as many additional technicians as they wish. As dictated by the preceding two paragraphs, these technicians may be a combination of technicians approved by the Pompano Beach Cultural Center Technical Director and qualified* client-supplied technicians. The number of personnel required for a production shall be determined by the Pompano Beach Cultural Center Technical Director or his designated representative, with the minimums of:
- 1 Head Audio Engineer
- 1 Head Lighting Engineer
- 1 Deck Stagehand / Stage Manager
Labor Rates: TBD as of March 2017. When known, stagehand rates and conditions can be provided by contacting the Director.