- This event has passed.
Summer of ’69 Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Woodstock
August 10 @ 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Pompano Beach Cultural Center and ArtsPlaza
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Woodstock, we are calling all former flower children and lovers of the counter-culture to join us for The Summer of ’69! Dress in your best 60s garb and compete for fun prizes. Bring your guitar and sing your favorite Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin or Grateful Dead song at our Summer of ’69 Open Mic. Participate in Yoga and Tie Dye Classes, enjoy a Drumming Circle and check out a dazzling array of hot rods during the Classic Car Show. View the film Woodstock or just sit back and enjoy the sounds of the 60s from our live band – Viva! It will be “out of sight!”
Bring your lawn chairs and blankets, dress in your best 60s outfits to participate in our fashion show; and be prepared to have a relaxing time while making new memories!
4 – 8 pm – Woodstock (in our 336-seat theater)
4 – 5 pm – Yoga Class taught by Corbin Stacy of YogaHome on the front lawn
5 – 7 pm – Arty Van Gogh – arts and crafts on a painted school bus
5 – 8 pm – Tie Dye Classes
5 – 9 pm – Artist Vendors in the Breezeway and along 1st Avenue
5 – 9 pm – Food Trucks
6 – 9 pm — Classic Car Show
6 – 7 pm – Viva, a 60s band on the ArtsPlaza
7 – 8 pm – Drumming Circle in the Digital Media Center
7 – 8 pm – 60s-Themed Open Mic and 60s Fashion Show
8 – 9 pm – Viva, a 60s band on the showmobile
SEEKING 20 Artist Vendors for Summer of ‘69
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Woodstock, the Summer of ’69 is an event that will take place on the entire campus of the Pompano Beach Cultural Center. We are seeking artist vendors that fit the theme of the Woodstock era — former flower children and lovers of the counter-culture! Vendors should provide products such as (but not limited to): macramé, beading, candles, incense, face painters, bubbles, jewelry, crafts, pottery, sandals, leather items, scarfs, t-shirts, vinyl records, instruments. Vendors are encouraged to have activities for the patrons.
- All vendors will be selected and approved by the City of Pompano Beach Cultural Affairs Department.
- All artwork/products must be handcrafted and originally created/produced by the displaying artist.
- Vendors will be provided one (1) table and two (2) chairs at a fee of $25
- Vendors will be provided with a 10’ x 10’ space.
- Vendors may bring their own table which lowers the fee to $20 but table must not exceed 6′
- Vendors are responsible to supply their own tent including any supplies needed for set up (i.e. table, table covering, chairs, etc.).
- Power is limited, therefore exhibitors must supply their own extension cords, which must be covered and taped down.
- Set-up must be fully completed no later than 3:00 PM for event staff inspection.
- Locations will be determined by the City of Pompano Beach Cultural Affairs Department and all location decisions are final. The Department reserves the right to change assigned areas at any time.
- No sales, use, or possession of alcoholic beverages or tobacco is permitted.
- Vendors are responsible for collecting their own sales tax.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, July 26, 2019 at 6 pm